I am recruiting one field technician to assist in investigating the behavioral ecology and population dynamics of swift foxes in northeastern Montana. The position will begin 5/1/2018 and last one month with the possibility of extension. Job duties will primarily include radio telemetry daily, remotely downloading GPS collar data, and monitoring trail cameras. Time not spent in the field will mostly be spent doing data entry and organization, and equipment maintenance as necessary.
Shared housing and transportation while in the field will be provided.
Completion of a degree in ecology, zoology, wildlife sciences, and proficiency in the following field skills:
• Working in remote field conditions with limited cell phone service
• Conducting radio-telemetry and downloading GPS data remotely
• Communicating with private landowners
• Using a GPS unit for navigation
• Working alone with minimal supervision
• Working outdoors in adverse weather conditions during irregular hours
• Rabies vaccination highly encouraged
• Operating four-wheel drive vehicles and maintaining a clear driving record
Please send a resume and a cover letter highlighting the above skill sets in one document to email@example.com with the subject of the email as “Swift Fox Technician Application”.
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.