I am recruiting a single field technician to assist in investigating the behavioral ecology and population dynamics of swift foxes in northeastern Montana. The position will begin 1/2/2018 and end 4/27/2018. Job duties will primarily include working with current field technician in conducting radio telemetry daily, remotely downloading GPS collar data, and conducting field necropsies. Time not spent in the field will mostly be spent doing data entry and organization, and equipment maintenance as necessary.
Shared housing and transportation while in the field will be provided.
Completion of a degree in ecology, zoology, wildlife sciences, or related field, and proficiency in the following field skills:
• Working during the winter in remote field conditions with limited cell phone service
• Conducting radio-telemetry and downloading GPS data remotely
• Communicating with private landowners
• Conducting field necropsies
• Using a GPS unit for navigation
• Working with minimal supervision
• Organizing and maintaining databases
• Working outdoors in adverse weather conditions during irregular hours
• Operating four-wheel drive vehicles and maintaining a clear driving record
To apply, please go to the Clemson University Job Board (https://cujobs.clemson.edu/psc/ps/JOBS/EXT/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1) and apply to ‘Field Technician – 102266’. Applications will only be accepted through the CU Job Board, do not email applications materials.