Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Technician – Oklahoma
Oklahoma Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
$9-11 per hour depending on experience
Last Date to Apply
A technician is needed to conduct field and lab work for multiple projects involving fish and crayfish. Primary responsibilities include conducting fish and crayfish surveys, habitat surveys, data entry, and laboratory work. A successful candidate will need to make standardized observations such as species identification, length, weight, and/or signs of diseases or tags, maintain and clean field equipment, accurately input biological or habitat data on field forms and/or computers, and adhere to all safety and data collection protocols. A flexible schedule is required as work may change due to weather. This is a 6-12 month position. Start date is ASAP.
To apply submit a cover letter, your CV, and three references by email.
• Previous experience with field sampling
• Ability to walk long distances in inclement weather in the river over a variety of substrates
• Ability to swim
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly throughout the day, every work day
• Possession of a valid driver's license
• Ability to identify or learn to identify small fishes and crayfishes
• Must be willing to handle live and dead specimens
• Ability to record neat and accurate field data
• Ability to operate a computer and various PC-based software programs
• Must be willing to work and camp in hot or cold weather conditions
• Follow oral and written directions
• Ability to work as part of a team, especially under stressful conditions