Copperhead Environmental Consulting, Inc. is seeking 2-3 temporary bat technicians for fall projects. Start date and duration of employment is somewhat flexible, but open availability is key. Although extensive experience is not necessary for the position, preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
• Experience working long hours and extended periods away from home,
• Experience working in challenging weather conditions,
• Ability to carry heavy equipment long distances in rugged terrain,
• Experience in various methods of collecting, recording, and analyzing field data,
• Experience with mist-net surveys (bird or bat),
• Experience with bat acoustic surveys (ANABAT preferred),
• Experience with radio-telemetry,
• Experience handling small mammals (bats preferred), and
• *Rabies pre-exposure vaccination.
*More information on the rabies pre-exposure vaccination can be found at: http://www.vaccines.gov/diseases/rabies/index.html. Copperhead does not cover the cost of the rabies pre-exposure vaccination. However, technicians that have the rabies pre-exposure vaccination will be given higher preference.
These are temporary field positions requiring long hours. Technicians may work on a single project or travel extensively throughout the eastern U.S. depending on Copperhead needs.
Copperhead offers competitive wages and covers room/board, and transportation while in the field. Positions could become full time, permanent for the right people.
If interested, please send electronic cover letter and resume (highlighting qualifications listed above) to Jessa Turner at email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE