The Department of Life Sciences of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences in the area of Marine Ecology. Applicants working within any subdiscipline of Marine Ecology are welcome to apply including people working in open ocean, deep sea, coastal or estuarine environments. Researchers working in coastal systems above the waterline are also welcome to apply. This position will ideally be complementary to our current faculty research activities with existing strengths in estuarine and coastal ecological processes, fisheries, genetics, microbial ecology, community ecology, ecophysiology, ecotoxicology and tropical and subtropical systems at various taxonomic levels. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a vigorous, externally funded research program, supervise graduate students, and teach courses consistent with their individual expertise. This position will further expand and support our graduate programs in Marine Biology (M.S. and Ph.D.), Fisheries & Mariculture (M.S.), and Biology (M.S.).
A complete job description and link to apply can be found at: https://bit.ly/MarineEcology2021
1. Ph.D. degree in biology, ecology, marine ecology, marine science, oceanography, fisheries, or closely related discipline. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred at the time of appointment.
2. A strong publication record in leading and high impact journals.
1. Individuals capable of building an active, externally funded research program
2. Post-doctoral experience.
3. Demonstrated experience and innovative pedagogical approaches to teaching undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds
4. Engagement in service activities to support institutional, professional society and community goals
5. Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion for students, faculty, staff, and the broader community.
TO APPLY: https://www.tamucc.edu/human-resources/careers
All requested documents must be uploaded to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A cover letter describing experience and qualifications, including prior service activities
2. A research statement including plans for funding support
3. A statement of teaching experience and plans for effective instruction, including any prior pedagogical training and professional development of teaching skills
4. A statement of diversity, inclusion, and equity that addresses plans for success at our Hispanic Serving Institution
5. A curriculum vitae
6. The names and contact information of three references.
The position will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Applicants are encouraged to apply by October 15th, 2021. For questions, please contact: Dr. Benjamin Walther, Search Chair, Department of Life Sciences, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, email@example.com