TENURE TRACK POSITION - CONSERVATION GENETICS/GENOMICS
The Biological Sciences Department in the College of Science and Mathematics at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo is seeking a full-time, academic year, tenure track position in the field of conservation genetics/genomics, with appointment beginning September 12, 2022. Appointment at the Assistant Professor rank is anticipated; higher ranks will be considered. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin November 8, 2021.
Excellent candidates will create synergy in the department via the application of molecular methods to the conservation of biodiversity in the Western U.S.; specific research areas could include conservation genetics/genomics, applied population ecology and/or landscape genetics.
We seek candidates who are enthusiastic about undergraduate teaching and implementing a student-centered research program that mentors undergraduates and Master’s students in study design, field data collection and data analysis.
Teaching responsibilities will include lower and upper division undergraduate courses in population ecology, evolution and/or conservation biology for both majors and non-majors, as well as the opportunity to develop new courses in the candidate’s area of specialty. Faculty in our department typically teach 2-3 courses per quarter, with the opportunity to reduce this by mentoring student research and procuring extramural research funding.
• Ph.D. in conservation genetics or a related field.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to student-centered learning and teaching, as well as the ability to collaboratively work in multidisciplinary settings is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral use of the English language is required.
• Experience working with diverse populations and fostering a collaborative, supportive and inclusive environment.
• Professional experience in conservation genetics/genomics.
• Experience teaching lecture and laboratory courses at the university level.