Texan by Nature, a conservation nonprofit that advances conservation across Texas, is seeking dedicated interns with an instinct for and interest in research, writing, program management, fundraising and development, and marketing and social media. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the impact-focused world of nonprofit and conservation, working alongside professionals who are passionate about their work and enjoy working together. Ideal candidates are driven, creative, trustworthy, hard-working, and interested in collaborating with great minds to help cultivate change and foster engagement in conservation. This internship program will equip you with the skills necessary to prosper in this industry along with excellent referrals to a wide variety of brands and agencies.
Start date is the week of June 13, 2022 with the opportunity to work until December 21, 2022 (end dates are flexible). Minimum of 15 hours per week, with the potential to work up to 25 hours per week depending on workload.
All Texan by Nature interns have various responsibilities that either fall under programs, fundraising/development, or social media/marketing. Texan by Nature purposely designs our intern positions to provide maximum exposure to all aspects of the organization, and divides responsibilities based on the skills and interests of each intern. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to a mix of the following:
- Research conservation projects, natural resource issues, and other subjects as directed
-Work in and contribute to an environment that encourages curiosity, diversity, and innovation
- Perform day to day office administrative tasks, check email, take notes, etc.
- Provide weekly to bi-weekly updates to Program Director or Development Director
- Attend site visits, conferences, and events (TBD)
- Assist the Program Director and Program Managers with research, strategic planning, and implementation of the Conservation Wrangler program
- Assist with processing, collecting, and interpreting applications to create write-ups for the TxN Certification program
- Become familiar with existing Conservation Partners, process new partner applications, and research new Conservation Partner opportunities
- Research and score companies for the Texan by Nature 20 program
- Support Texan by Nature on select statewide initiatives, Texas Water Action Collaborative, and Lights Out Texas as needed
- Research donors and partners
- Assist with the preparation of funding proposals
- Create and send outreach communications with direction from the Director of Development
- Assist Program Managers with implementation of Member projects
Social Media/Marketing Responsibilities:
- Support the Marketing Manager with social media copy writing and scheduling
- Collect and report digital analytics
- Implement website copy updates as requested
- Draft blogs and other publicly facing materials as requested with guidance from the Marketing Manager
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and one relevant writing sample by May 17 to Taylor Keys via email at email@example.com. Interviews will occur as applications come in and during the week of May 23-May27. Applicants will be notified by June 6th of acceptance. The internship will start the week of June 13. See job description at: https://texanbynature.org/careers/
- Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in, or with a strong interest in wildlife, natural resources, nonprofit management, marketing, public relations, communications, or related field
- Strong writing, communication, and multitasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Must represent the office in a professional manner both virtually and in person.
- Must have own transportation for work-related travel purposes