R & S Tower Services, Inc. specializes in the construction and maintenance of wireless infrastructure in Missouri & adjacent states. As a Tower Technician, you will play a critical role in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communication equipment and support structures. You’ll be asked to travel frequently and work irregular hours at great heights in extreme weather, but you’ll be rewarded for your hard work with market leading compensation/benefits and a robust, hands on training program. We recognize our success depends on our people so incentive programs exist to reward top performers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, repairing, and troubleshooting wireless infrastructure.
• Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings.
• Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized equipment.
• The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
• Analyzing situations accurately and adopting acceptable solutions.
• Communicating orally and in writing.
• Following instructions accurately.
• Recognizing safety hazards and performing all duties in a safe manner.
• Traveling extensively throughout the Mid-West, most often leaving town Monday and returning Friday.
• Understanding safety policies and procedures: RF Awareness, First Aid/CPR, ComTrain/Fall Protection, and OSHA 10/30. R&S provides this training during your first year of employment
• Readiness to perform these duties in all weather conditions/climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
• Compliance with Drug Free Workplace Policy, including pre-employment and random testing.
• Use of climbing gear, capstan hoist, rigging and load ropes.
• Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
• Lift and carry up to 75 lbs. at heights of 100 ft. and above.
• Work outside in all weather conditions.
• Standing, walking and climbing daily (repetitive movements daily).
• Push/Pull materials and equipment daily.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• $16-$22/hr with $40/day per diem. Average work week is 50hrs.
• 1 week PTO + 6 Company Paid Holidays Year 1. 2 weeks PTO + 6 Company Paid Holidays Year 2
• Company paid health insurance, 4% company match 401K and a complete suite of voluntary benefits available to all employees post 90 day probationary period.
• R&S provides new employees with all required safety equipment including a climbing harness.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Resume to Gregg Bauer (email@example.com) and Erin Mutert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
R&S Tower Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or another protected characteristic.
R&S Tower Services, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is a drug-free workplace.
• Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 to 2 years of industry experience preferred but R&S will train alternatively qualified candidates.
• Valid driver's license.
• Pre-Employment drug screen & fit test required.
• Ability to travel regularly and work weekends as needed.
• Follow directions well and learn tasks quickly.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a team in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as dictated by client directives.