The Public Interest Network is looking for a dedicated staffer to support our IT systems, improve TPIN user experience, and help shape the direction of future IT projects. The IT Operations Administrator will take charge of day-to-day operations and user interactions, serve as the “public face” of the IT Team within the Public Interest Network, and become bottom-line on database application maintenance and development.
About the Public Interest Network
The Public Interest Network is a nationwide network of nonprofit groups, including Environment America, U.S. PIRG, and Fair Share, that is dedicated to bringing people together in the fight for a stronger society, a healthier planet, and a government that works for all Americans, not just corporations. The organizations that make up the Public Interest Network each strive for solutions on their own, while the force of our combined strategies builds pressure for change across the political and economic spectrum. Several of those organizations are headquartered in the Denver office, home to approximately 75 full time staff and one of the Network’s citizen outreach offices. These organizations are responsible for numerous successes in Colorado and across the country ranging from expanding our use of clean energy such as solar and wind, to saving bee populations, to protecting consumers from the overuse of antibiotics, as just a few examples.
The Public Interest Network IT Operations Administrator will work with the IT Director to maintain and improve IT systems across the network. This includes, but is not limited to, our QuickBase, Google G Suite, hub office networks, and individual team and department tools. The IT Operations Administrator will exercise independent judgment and discretion over the following realms and take on other projects as assigned:
• Set up new users on all of our centrally managed IT tools
• Manage/update existing users
• Ensure that relevant user norms and policies are enforced
• Handle all user management and behavioral issues
• Work with the IT director to write admin documentation and staff policies
• Write user-facing documentation and how-tos
• Ensure that all documentation remains up-to-date with respect to internal TPIN principles and evolving platform capabilities
• Design trainings on our IT systems
• Work with other departments and QuickBase application managers to ensure good trainings are developed and run for key applications
• Run trainings on IT systems and QuickBase applications on a pre-determined schedule throughout the year
• Ensure that trainings remain up-to-date w.r.t. internal TPIN principles and evolving platform capabilities
Provide Tier 1 Support
• Monitor IT help desk website and email address
• Provide initial user support for IT system and QuickBase application issues
• Escalate more complex requests as appropriate to the IT Director
• Use support interactions to further refine documentation and trainings
• Review and approve/reject proposals for new systems and upgrade plans for our key databases and tools
• Develop a library of “how-tos” and “tips and tricks” for database development and design
• Work with database managers to troubleshoot issues, think through design problems, and develop their skills in database design and development
• Enforce and update/develop principles and best practices for good design, data integrity, and workflow.
• Help identify opportunities for automation, better communication, and simplification across the ecosystem.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and benefits for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available. A minimum 2-year commitment is required.
Apply online here: http://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=IT+Operations+Administrator&org=The+Public+Interest+Network&id=230
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Go here for more info: http://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
Candidates should have strong technical skills, and be good at working with people. They must be organized, have a good attention to detail, and be skilled at managing multiple projects across teams and departments. The ideal candidate will also possess basic programming knowledge, familiarity with Linux or macOS, and basic knowledge of network and web application design principles.
Candidates should have at least two years of relevant experience in IT operations, software development, or the non-profit space.