Are you looking for an adventure of a lifetime while also making a positive impact on Wilderness trails and their users? Friends of Nevada Wilderness is hiring a full time seasonal Trail Crew Leader for the 2022 Summer season. The Friends of Nevada Wilderness professional trail crews have maintained over 400 miles of Wilderness trails on the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest and we are looking for an enthusiastic leader to facilitate another successful season in the backcountry. View the complete position description at https://www.nevadawilderness.org/employment
● Preferable (3) years of trail work with (2) years of verifiable outdoor leadership experience.
● Level of physical fitness enabling the crew leader to hike up to twenty miles per day with a 40-60lb pack.
● Map reading will be essential along with knowledge of GPS handheld devices.
● 21 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
● Must possess basic computer skills. Experience with Google Suite is helpful.
● Personal hiking and backpacking equipment required (please inquire about specific equipment needs).
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume and (3) references with the subject line ‘Trail Crew Leader’ to email@example.com. Please include experiences we did not specifically ask for, but you believe may be relevant to this position and our work in your resume or cover letter. Do not mail hard copy materials. For questions on position details contact the Trails Coordinator, Tara Kleemann- firstname.lastname@example.org