Spend your summer exploring Nevada’s vast and little-known Wilderness while having an adventure of a lifetime! Friends of Nevada Wilderness is hiring Trail Crew Members for the 2022 Summer. As a trail crew member, you’ll get to explore wild and remote Nevada, live and work outdoors, and contribute to maintaining accessible and sustainable trails in Wilderness. We’re looking for hardworking team players who thrive in rugged outdoor environments! View the complete position description at https://www.nevadawilderness.org/employment .
●Verifiable history of remote outdoor camping and travel along with demonstrated capacity to thrive in a rugged environment.
● Level of physical fitness enabling the member to hike up to twenty miles per day with a 40‐60lb pack.
● Map reading and GPS skills helpful or willingness to learn.
● 18 years of age or older, valid driver’s license strongly desired.
● Basic computer skills are helpful. Must be able to collect and enter simple data or willingness to learn.
● Personal hiking and backpacking equipment required (please inquire about specific equipment needs).
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume and (3) references with the subject line ‘Trail Crew Member’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include experiences we did not specifically ask for, but you believe may be relevant to this position and our work in your resume or cover letter. Do not mail hard copy materials. For questions on position details contact the Trails Coordinator, Tara Kleemann- email@example.com