GulfCorps, a project of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), aims to create jobs for hundreds of young adults along the Gulf of Mexico. With the support of the RESTORE Council (Resources and Ecosystems Sustainability, Tourist Opportunities, and Revised Economies of the Gulf Coast States), GulfCorps protects and restores the Gulf’s lands and waters while creating jobs through conservation corps in the five Gulf states (Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas).
For the upcoming season Texas Conservation Corps are looking for dedicated young adults to work with us. No prior experience is required. TxCC provides our members with hands-on opportunities, extensive training in coastal restoration & conservation, and the freedom to develop personally and professionally. Crews will spend their season completing a variety of conservation projects throughout the region. Projects may include trail construction & improvement, habitat restoration, invasive plant removal, wildland fuel reduction and more!
- $9 / hour
- Paid Holidays
- CPR & Wilderness Advanced First Aid Certification
- Technical Skills Training
- Fundamental Skills Training
- FEMA Certifications
- GulfCorps Training
- S-212 Wildland Fire Chainsaw Certification
- Possible Wildland Firefighter training depending on projects
- Opportunity to network with partnering agencies!
- Targeted age range of 18-28
- Ability to hike 3-10 miles per day in rugged terrain, often wearing a 45 lbs backpack and carrying tools
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs repeatedly
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Check
- Strong service ethic with a desire to serve the community and environment
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather types while doing hard, often repetitive, labor
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 at a time
In nature we know that communities dominated by one plant or animal are fragile and less productive. What we know to be true in nature we know to be true in the communities we live and serve in. We encourage people of all identities and experience levels to be a part of TxCC and help nurture the productivity & resilience of diversity in our community!
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit http://americanyouthworks.org/programs/gulf-corps-overview/! Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our Member Placement Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to seeing your application soon!