Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Position Focus: The Assistant Director will assist the UHPSI Director in program development, strategy, and outreach. The position requires significant time interacting with students, faculty, staff, and Western collaborators, often times including travel to Western states. The position is based in New Haven, CT during the academic year. During the summer, the Assistant Director will have the option to split time between New Haven, CT and the American West.
To read more about this exciting opportunity, please click here visit the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies website!
Required Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated success navigating complex social dynamics and building trust with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspective
• Capacity to direct and manage numerous projects and collaborations simultaneously
• Ability to actively listen and engage. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated desire to spend time in remote regions of the American West.
• Demonstrated ability with GIS/Remote sensing.
• Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: A Master’s Degree (or 3-4 years of equivalent experience) in a field related to land management, including ecology, data science, policy, sociology, etc. Existing network of relationships in the West.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2fpWG2M. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.