The Program Coordinator works as part of an interdisciplinary team of faculty and students from a variety of units at UMaine. This position will (1) maximize outcomes from work on interdisciplinary teams, (2) collaborate in drafting multi-authored, stakeholder-driven communications included peer-reviewed publications, (3) develop and foster innovative teaching skills, (4) use project management skills to facilitate an interactive learning environment for faculty, students, and partners, and (5) extend their professional networks while working closely with regional conservation partners and academics. The work relies on strong collaboration with stakeholders and an ability to work with interdisciplinary groups.
- MS in Human Dimensions of Natural Resources, Conservation Social Sciences, Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Environmental Communication, or related fields required.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with use of computers, including databases and spreadsheets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- PhD in Human Dimensions of Natural Resources, Conservation Social Sciences, Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Environmental Communication, or related fields.
- Familiarity with New England and its resources.
- Experience with promotions, social media, or science communication campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Interest/experience with teaching.
Cover Letter, References, Resume/CV