Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Upland Research – Natural Resource Temporary Worker-Iowa
Last Date to Apply
• Assist Upland Game Research Program with field surveys, data entry, and GIS
o Population and Monitoring Surveys for dove, quail, and pheasant.
o Field habitat sampling associated with quail and pheasant monitoring.
o GIS work including ground truth of survey routes and plot locations
o Data entry, review, compilation, and reporting
o Interact and coordinate directly with landowners and other management professionals
o Develop and coordinate communication materials in various formats (power point, brochures)
• Responsible and organized data keeping and entry into database (computer skills required).
• Assist staff with other projects as need arises
o Nest monitoring, duck banding, small animal capture, fish netting, public events.
• Field work requires extensive travel and overnight stays within Iowa. Travel expenses incurred outside of local assigned work area is subject to reimbursement
To apply: To receive full consideration, you must send cover letter, resume, contact information (name, title, phone, address, and email) of three professional references, and copies of transcripts (may be unofficial copies) to: Mark McInroy at email@example.com / 1436 255th St / Boone, IA 50036
• Graduated from or currently enrolled in or on break between semesters of college with a degree in (or pursuing a degree in) wildlife ecology, biology, or another closely related Natural Resource Field. Preferred qualifications include a BS degree in wildlife ecology, biology or a related field.
• Able to withstand physically demanding work, including lifting, bending, or hauling.
• Able to travel on overnight duties.
• Work with minimal supervision, demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
• Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
• Able to work alone or as part of a team, with the public, in variable outdoor conditions, on weekends, holidays, nights, and evenings as required
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Must be available for all interviews and training as required
• Works and communicates with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.