The Volunteer & Partnership Coordinator (VPC) is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining an exemplary volunteer program that engages community volunteers in environmental stewardship activities. The VPC recruits and retains volunteers, develops meaningful relationships with community volunteers and groups, and provides professional staff support to RMFI’s 2,200 annual volunteers (20,000 volunteer hours annually). The VPC works under the supervision of the Program Director and plays a critical role in implementing the mission and strategic goals of the organization. This is a rewarding, community-focused position that will serve as the primary liaison between RMFI and our volunteer base as well as lead community outreach initiatives and events for the purposes of raising awareness of RMFI’s volunteer projects and programs.
Visit: https://www.rmfi.org/internships-employment for full job description and application instructions.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Three years relevant experience required, volunteer management experience strongly recommended.
• Experience working with a customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
• Strong experience using Excel or other similar program to run basic analysis of volunteer and other relevant statistics.
• Self-starter who demonstrates the ability to take initiative, set goals, and achieve them both independently and cooperatively as a team member.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong writing skills required.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Google software (Drive, sheets, slides, docs), social media platforms, Mailchimp (or other bulk email program), and graphic design/editing software (Photoshop, InDesign, Canva).
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to RMFI’s mission.
• Proven leadership and motivational skills.
• Proven project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent public speaking skills.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.