Anticipated Start Date: June 2021
As a senior leader of the Conservation Operations team, the VP of Conservation Delivery will be responsible to provide vision, strategic direction, and oversight to the entire Conservation Delivery team.
The position’s primary focus will be to oversee the delivery of established strategic priorities and goals across all three mission pillars – habitat, education, and advocacy. The position will work to establish and steward state and federal partnerships that support the delivery of national priorities throughout the organization’s four bird conservation regions.
The VP of Conservation Delivery will report to the Chief Conservation Officer and will work closely with the VP of Conservation Programs to develop implementation plans that achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
• Lead delivery of the organization’s habitat, education, and advocacy mission.
• Supervise multiple Directors of Conservation Delivery including development of annual workplans, annual reviews, and allocation of the organization’s goals.
• Support development of state-level conservation plans and develop regional and national cases for support.
• Work cross-functionally with members of the Conservation Programs team and others to adapt and scale program offerings to meet identified conservation needs.
• Oversee delivery of state-level advocacy by:
o Coordinating with the Advocacy team to develop state-level engagement criteria and strategies.
o Training and supporting state coordinators and others representing the organization on state-level policy.
• Represent the organization’s mission delivery functions at national events and with multi-regional partners.
• Proactively fundraise for mission delivery functions by:
o Developing grant proposals and pursuing public funding support.
o Working with the development and corporate partnership teams to develop strategies for private and corporate donors.
o Stewarding national-level relationships with US Departments of Interior and Agriculture and their respective agencies.
• Support Directors with staffing and hiring by reviewing new position budgets, goals, and onboarding.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary offered based on qualifications. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, life, disability and 401(k) benefits.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• A passion for Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever’s mission, as well as knowledge and appreciation of conservation, hunting, and the outdoors.
• B.A./B.S./M.S. in wildlife biology, natural resources, or related field.
• At least 5 years of experience leading a team, with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach effectively.
• Previous experience in federal and state conservation policy and in-depth knowledge of Farm Bill conservation programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work and interact within the conservation community including a working knowledge of national conservation policies and programs.
• An energetic, positive, well-organized, and resourceful self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
• Superior interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse constituents.
• Excellent oral, public speaking, and written communication skills.
• Travel required.
• Position can be located remotely.
Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single Microsoft Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file before uploading to our Recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
If you have questions about this position, please contact Sarah Mills, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com, or 651-209-4951.
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever are an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled