Wallowa Resources is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Wallowa Canyonlands Partnership Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of integrated weed management strategies as well as broad landscape-scale restoration and management strategies. This involves coordination with numerous partners including public agencies, non-profit organizations, and private landowners to implement management across jurisdictional boundaries. The Manager will identify priorities for applied research and work to provide sound land management recommendations for local landowners and managers. The Manager will also ensure the program’s long-term financial viability. The Manager will report directly to the Wallowa Resources Watershed Stewardship Program Director and is ultimately responsible for program design, development and implementation, fundraising, budget management, contracts management and the success of the partnership.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resource or related field or equivalent relevant experience, preferred.
• Three years of experience of working in rural communities and engaged in natural resources stewardship, farming, ranching or other agricultural activity is preferred. Such experience should demonstrate success building and maintaining strong community, landowner and business partnerships.
• A valid Oregon Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record according to WR’s auto liability policy requirements.
• A valid Oregon ATV safety card.
• Maintain the organization’s Operators license and a Pesticide Applicator’s license through the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
• Working knowledge of GPS and GIS, ArcMap and Collector preferred.
• Working knowledge of standard Windows applications.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check.
• Must consistently demonstrate teamwork and positive day-to-day work relationships and interactions with staff, board members, members of the public, and community stakeholders.