The Vermont Rural Water Association is a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to public drinking water and wastewater systems across Vermont. The Wastewater Systems Specialist provides training and technical assistance to wastewater treatment facilities and pretreatment facilities. Technical assistance is offered onsite and remotely and will focus on troubleshooting operational problems and providing resources and advice. The training classes will provide wastewater operators with continuing education credits and will take place in-person and on Zoom.
View full job description at https://vtruralwater.org/job-wastewater-systems-specialist/
• Provide onsite and remote assistance to wastewater systems
• Conduct training classes for wastewater operators
• Collaborate with Vermont Rural Water’s other Wastewater Systems Specialist as necessary
• Compile monthly progress reports
• Adhere to program budget with assistance from Executive Director
Hours: This position is full-time (40 hours per week) with flexible scheduling and ability to set own hours.
Location: This position will primarily work from a home office with frequent on-site field work across Vermont and occasional work at Vermont Rural Water’s office in Essex Junction, VT.
Anticipated Start: September 2022
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Health insurance, dental insurance, dental reimbursement, and vision coverage
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Life insurance and disability insurance (short- and long-term)
• Paid sick leave and vacation time
• 11 paid holidays and 2 paid personal days per year
• Familiarity with water resource field
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Demonstrated communications and teaching skills
• Comfort with computers, internet, and Microsoft Excel
• Reliable transportation
• Ability to pass a background check
• 5+ years of experience in wastewater operations
• Utility management experience
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 14, 2022
The Vermont Rural Water Association is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. We value diverse perspectives, talents, and identities.