The Lake Ripley Management District, in Cambridge, Wisconsin, seeks an enthusiastic individual to serve as a Watercraft Inspector to achieve aquatic invasive species prevention and education on Lake Ripley for the 2021 summer season. The main duties of a Watercraft Inspector are to increase awareness of aquatic invasive species by sharing information about regulations and prevention steps with boaters and other visitors at boat landings and to help check their watercraft and equipment for aquatic plants and animals before they enter or leave the water. During these checks, inspectors collect valuable data on boater behaviors and knowledge, and regularly report the data to an on-line database. Inspector will report to the Lake Manager, with oversight of the Board chair.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and private vehicle.
• Be able and willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays, including July 4th and Labor Day weekends to match peak use of public boat landings.
• Be willing and able to approach, engage, and educate citizens.
• Be well organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Access to a cellular phone while at work is preferred, but not mandatory.