Plumas Corp is looking for a full-time (40 hours/week) Watershed Restoration Project Manager. Projects are located throughout the Sierra Nevada and southern Cascade mountains, on both public and private lands. The Project Manager will work with a team to develop ecologically sound solutions to watershed issues. The position includes both office and field work. Our office provides a supportive, congenial environment. In addition to fair weather field work, expect heat, cold, rain, snow, noise, and dust. Travel to remote locations can be expected.
We are looking for someone interested in building a career in a small non-profit culture. This position may provide opportunities for the Project Manager to grow into additional leadership roles within the organization.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
B.S. or higher degree, or demonstrated knowledge, in some combination of environmental fields such as fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, ecology, botany, biology, forestry, or traditional ecological knowledge. Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
Fully conversant with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Able to work independently in challenging environments and meet deadlines.
PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Work with landowners and partners to evaluate landscapes for ecological and hydrologic function. Develop ecologically sound solutions to typical watershed issues such as incised stream channels, soil erosion, sedimentation, ditching, roads, and burned or over-crowded forests, in the context of working watershed-scale landscapes, with multiple stakeholders.
Serve as the Project Manager for a suite of 3-6 projects in various stages of development and implementation. The manager typically completes tasks such as:
• Communications with landowners, stakeholders, contractors, regulators, scientists
• Topographic and hydrologic data collection, analysis, and interpretation
• Comprehend and apply quantitative and qualitative data in the field
• GIS mapping
• Design plan development and documentation
• Grant proposal and budget development
• Environmental compliance documentation (i.e., CEQA/NEPA, Timber Harvest Plans, and permitting)
• Writing technical reports, restoration plans, environmental analysis documents, monitoring reports, and grant applications.
• Contract development and field administration
• Construction supervision / heavy equipment operation (optional)
• Project effectiveness monitoring
• Final reporting to funding agencies/stakeholders.
Prospective applicants must provide their own transportation to project work sites. An all-wheel or 4-WD vehicle with good clearance is needed. All mileage is reimbursable at IRS rates. All other equipment will be provided by Plumas Corp.
WAGES & BENEFITS
Plumas Corp, a 501(c)3 private non-profit, is offering this opportunity as a full-time (40 hours/week) “at-will” position based in our Quincy, CA office. Wages and benefits are commensurate with experience. Starting hourly wage rates range from $28 to $32 per hour, with the following benefits:
• 10 paid holidays
• Two weeks (10 days) paid vacation leave
• Up to 12 days of paid sick leave per year
• Medical insurance with options to opt into additional vision, dental, and life insurance
• Up $200 per month reimbursable wellness benefit
• A Simplified Employer Retirement Plan that contributes 7% of gross pay per pay period to a recognized tax-free retirement fund account of the employee’s choice
Annual cost of living allowances (COLA) and merit wage increases are considered as budgets allow.
HOW TO APPLY
Please electronically submit to email@example.com a two-page resume that illustrates the skills you can bring to the program, and a one to two-page letter of interest describing:
• Your knowledge of and interest in Plumas Corp
• Your motivation and perceived ability to perform the work described
• Your long-term professional goals
• Your level of desire and commitment to living in Plumas County and your ability to accommodate extensive travel for work
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.