The Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) places twenty-eight AmeriCorps members at different conservation agencies and organizations throughout the Sierra Nevada to conduct watershed restoration and monitoring, watershed education, and volunteer recruitment and support. Members serve for 11 months with different conservation organizations and agencies across the Sierra to complete watershed restoration and monitoring, watershed education, and volunteer recruitment and support.
Becoming a Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) member enables you to do great things for the Sierra Nevada while you grow as an individual and attain tangible benefits. Put your idealism to work through AmeriCorps! Protect the Sierra environment and rural communities. You will learn teamwork, communications, conservation issues, responsibility and other essential skills that will help you for the rest of your life. And you’ll gain the personal satisfaction of taking on a challenge and seeing results. The Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership needs your courage, skills, and dedication!
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
• Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended).
• Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
• Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant’s ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
• Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service.
• Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service.
1. We are not accepting applications until July 1, 2017. Please do not apply before then.
2. Download the SNAP Member Application Packet with detailed application instructions here: http://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join/
3. Fill out the two part online SNAP Member application.
4. Email your resume and a 1 page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Be sure to title your email subject: “SNAP Application 2017-18”. Applications are due July 26, 2017.