SWCA's Pasadena Natural Resources group is actively seeking a mid-level wetlands scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team in Pasadena, California. In this role you will be expected to perform delineations independently, as well as lead and manage larger field efforts, work with other technical staff, complete permit applications for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), and California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW), and produce high-quality reports and documentation for a variety of public and private sector clients/projects. As an integral member of SWCA's Natural Resources Group, you will collaborate and work among peers, assist in project management, and at times assist with scoping and budgeting proposals. Work will be done both in, and out of the office throughout southern California, and in varying field conditions including the desert environment.
This is a regular, full-time hourly position, and pay will be based on individual qualifications and experience. Our Pasadena office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Natural Resources, Cultural Resources, and Permitting.
Your responsibilities as a mid-level wetland scientist would include:
• Conducting field work related to wetlands and streams, including: jurisdictional determinations, delineations, vegetation community mapping, and functional assessments.
• Leading and managing field teams.
• Preparing and reviewing technical documents, including permitting documentation, wetland determination and delineation reports, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) supporting documentation and relevant sections.
• Assisting with proposal scope and budgets.
• Preparing wetland and stream permit applications and mitigation plans.
• Coordinating agency review of wetland and stream permit applications.
• Working as a task lead as part of a multi-disciplinary team on larger-scale projects.
• Managing budgets and deliverables for both small and large projects.
• Minimum: Bachelor's degree in a biological science or closely related field.
• Minimum 5 years' of progressively responsible experience as a wetland scientist (or similar discipline) in consulting or a similar work environment.
• Experience leading field delineations of waters of the U.S. and CDFW jurisdiction in California, and/or the desert Southwest
• Working knowledge of permitting and mitigation requirements for Clean Water Act Sections 401 and 404, State Water Board, and CDFW
• Working knowledge of wetland and riparian plant species identification, wetland soils, and wetland hydrology indicators.
• Experience providing QA/QC on technical reports.
• Excellent verbal, written and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout Southern California,
• A valid driver's license.
• Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increasing responsibilities in a positive work environment.
• Experience writing wetland and stream restoration or mitigation plans.
• Experience mapping wetland and water boundaries using a Trimble GeoExplorer XT GPS unit.
• Wetland delineation certification
• Trained in the California Rapid Assessment Method (CRAM) with some working experience.
• Experience implementing wetland and riparian restoration or mitigation, and performing success criteria monitoring.
• Experience with project budgeting and writing scopes of work.
• Working knowledge of CEQA and NEPA.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/vwdrg7hb9qcc3hmp