Ducks Unlimited seeks an accomplished and motivated research scientist to help provide science support for its conservation efforts in the seven-state, Great Plains Region starting no later than January 1, 2019. The position will be stationed in the Great Plains Regional Office in Bismarck, North Dakota.
Duties for this position will focus on but not be limited to:
1) Assisting with ongoing wetlands research projects across the Prairie Pothole Region.
2) Providing scientific input regarding the impacts of land-use changes and conservation programs on the health and function of wetlands.
3) Developing grant proposals to fund science efforts.
4) Publishing and presenting research results in diverse forums including peer-reviewed journals and professional meetings.
5) Developing geospatial conservation planning tools.
1) B.S. degree in Wetland Ecology, Ecology, Limnology, Environmental Science or a related field with a strong emphasis on wetland ecology, hydrology and applied conservation techniques. M.S. degree preferred.
2) Five+ years of combined graduate education and experience in wetland ecology, limnology, conservation planning, or a related field.
3) Excellent communication skills.
4) Excellent project management skills.
5) Proficiency with ArcGIS and Spatial Analyst.
6) Proficiency with R, S-plus, Python, or SAS.
7) Must have the demonstrated ability to conduct strenuous field work and write quality
reports with minimal-to-moderate supervision.
8) Agreeable to occasional flexible daytime hours and occasional day/overnight travel.
9) A background check and drug screen are required. Must have clean driving record and a valid driver's license.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7deee1c0-b159-4fdc-8bdb-3f1d87c47510&jobId=192076&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001, and attach a letter of interest, resume and daytime contact information (email & phone numbers) for three professional references; and submit. Application deadline is October 31, 2018.
For more information regarding this position or to request application materials, please contact Kaylan Carrlson at (701) 355-3500 or email@example.com.