Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Whitetail Deer Breeding Ranch Summer Internship- South Houston Texas
Last Date to Apply
TAJADA Whitetails is the premier whitetail deer breeding ranch in the Houston area and we are looking for the right person to join our amazing team. TAJADA was founded in 2012 and quickly grew through the ranks of the deer breeding industry to become one of today’s top breeding ranches. This ranch is family owned and strives on producing some the most sought after deer. The health and well being of our deer comes first and foremost in all daily activities on the ranch. If you would like to be part of this amazing team and be involved in the most exciting animal breeding industry then apply now!
Daily duties include, but are not limited to the following:
*Self-Motivated and Proactive to help accomplish daily goals.
* Assist in feeding/observation of adult deer and fawns.
* Assist in daily bottle-feeding of fawns (feedings through all hours of the day, and sometimes night).
* Ensure fawn pens are cleaned daily to provide a healthy living environment.
* Assist Ranch Manager in medicating fawns and deer, if needed.
* Assist Ranch Manager in the tagging and data entry of newborn fawns.
* Assist in recording medical histories and other data entry, as instructed.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. feed sacks from below waist and above head.
* Assist in the maintenance & upkeep of ranch property.
* Ensure that all workspaces are clean and tidy throughout working day.
*Living quarters are cleaned weekly and maintained.
The ideal candidate for this position is studying pre-vet, wildlife biology or game management. Having experience in the deer breeding industry is a bonus but not necessary as we will teach you every aspect of your job. Candidates need to know that this is a full working ranch in every aspect. Texas days are long and hot, but being here at TAJADA is very rewarding.
Accommodations are very nice on the ranch and will be discussed more during the interview process.
* Interns need their own transportation and a valid driver’s license with a clean record. Background checks will be preformed on potential candidates.
* Smoking and drinking use is not allowed or tolerated and if you are caught doing any of the above then the internship will be terminated immediately and you will be escorted off the property.
* Must be able to work all hours of the day.
* Must have open availability for scheduling purposes for the needs of the ranch.
* Able to work with a team and be able to self manage.
* Must be able to use critical thinking skills to achieve individual/team goals.
* Must be able to handle working in adverse weather conditions.
* Must be highly motivated with a positive attitude at all times.
* Working with deer work can be fast paced and candidates must be able to think quickly and proactively at all times.
This internship will be from the end of May to August, exact times can vary depending on the needs of the ranch and the candidate. We need our candidates to love animals and always treat them with compassion and kindness. We truly hope that you would like to join our team. This could set you on a possible career path in a highly exciting and growing industry. Salary will be discussed at the interview along with other internship needs and benefits.
Please send a resume and a short paragraph about yourself and why you would be a good fit for our team to the name below.
Contact Person: Julianna Moss
Contact Email: email@example.com