Title: Wildland Firefighter (Prescribed Fire/Fuels)/Equipment Operator – Avon Park AFR, FL
Location: Avon Park AFR, FL
Full job description: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/109152
Full Consideration Application Date: 08/15/2022
Salary Range: $36,500 - $39,000
Two positions are available. This position requires work on active military training ranges with potential risk for unexploded ordnance and other related hazards. In addition, regular travel (up to 15 weeks per year) to other Air Force installations to perform similar tasks throughout the southeast will be required. The position is to be located at Avon Park Air Force Range, FL.
Beginning Monday, August 16, 2021, Colorado State University has mandated vaccinations against COVID-19. Faculty and staff are required to submit their vaccine status or declare an exemption. More information about the vaccination mandate can be found on the CSU COVID-19 Information & Resources site here, https://covid.colostate.edu/pandemic-preparedness-team-broad-guidance-for-all-summer-and-fall-2021-activities/.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer.
• A bachelor’s degree with 3 years of professional, post-baccalaureate experience supporting environmental compliance.
• A High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of two year’s work experience in fire management is required
• Ability to obtain a Class B commercial driver’s license if deemed necessary.
• Meet requirements for the National Wildfire Coordinating Group standards for Fire Fighter Type 2, which includes an annual pack test at arduous level and fire line refresher (maintained annually).
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.