Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Wildlife and Fisheries Biologist-Texas
Private East Texas Club
Full time Positions
Last Date to Apply
Applicant will work for a private hunting and fishing club. Duties will include conducting and planning of wildlife management and fisheries management on a large private club in the post oak savannah habitat of East Texas. The applicant will be responsible for the care and use of equipment and farm machinery. The position is responsible for but not limited to annual planting of wildlife food plots and other habitat improvement projects, conducting wildlife census, maintenance of hunting blinds, maintaining accurate harvest records and data, conducting lake water quality tests, spraying herbicides (land and water) and assisting other staff in daily management activities. The applicant will work closely with the club manager and the wildlife and fisheries biologists. The position will also work closely with other personnel as directed by the club manager.
• Must be a Certified Wildlife Biologist or Associate Wildlife Biologist, with primary
focus on Whitetail deer.
• Able to conduct accurate, detailed photo census surveys and present reports to Manager
• Must have experience and be knowledgeable in the safe operation of farm tractors and
standard farming machinery and implements, boats and motors, chainsaws and other
• Must be in good health and capable of heavy physical work.
• A pleasant personality and ability to get along with all people with different personality
• Ability to maintain working relationship with supervisors, peers, members and their
• General knowledge of hunting and fishing skills is a must
• Must have good work habits including being effective, reliable and ability to follow
• Must be trustworthy with no criminal record or convictions and willing to undergo an
investigative background check.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org