Essential Job Functions:
1. Train crew in survey methodology and local bird ID.
2. Coordinate survey schedules and work flow for 2 other crew members.
3. Work closely with primary investigators and land managers to facilitate a successful data collection effort and positive crew dynamics.
4. Conduct bird point counts.
5. Collect vegetation/habitat data.
6. Position will require working outdoors in inclement weather, often in recently harvested forest stands. Must be able to get to and work from remote locations, drive forest roads, read maps, navigate through a forested landscape, and relate well with the public.
7. Gather and analyze data and related information.
8. Willingness to have a flexible work schedule.
9. Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others toward meeting the goals of the National Council.
10. Develop a familiarity with NCASI’s mission, policies, practices, and procedures.
11. Become acquainted with the environmental issues of the forest products industry.
12. Read, absorb, process, and communicate complex information. Assist the supervisor in responding to technical queries by NCASI clients and others in a competent and timely manner.
13. Possess ability to carry-out associated field work that may involve prolonged (multi-day) exposure to inclement conditions and a necessity to hike carrying equipment (20 pounds or more) over rough terrain (for 2 miles or more).
1. Undertakes additional activities as assigned by Supervisor.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a biological sciences discipline or related environmental field, two or more years of experience, and knowledge of passerine ID by sight and song.
2. Must have driving record which can be approved by Federal Agencies to drive government vehicles.
3. Basic data entry experience (Microsoft Excel).
1. Local passerine ID experience (west of the Cascades in N. California, Oregon or Washington).
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references with phone numbers and e-mail addresses to: Laurie Clark, NCASI, 8769 Hwy 42, Tenmile, OR 97481, preferably delivered electronically to: email@example.com.