Candidate will perform nuisance wildlife mitigation, including surveys, avian harassment, nest removal, specimen sampling, and occasional depredation for airfield safety. May require travel. Must be able to reside within a reasonable distance from the assigned work locations. Ideal candidates will fill work shifts covering nights, weekends, and evenings.
Ideal candidates will have up-beat personalities, dedication, passion for the work, and eagerness to learn. Candidates must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, to accomplish required tasks. Candidates must be willing to work all tasks, including cleaning, data entry, and client interaction as needed.
Preference will be given to applicants with a degree, or equivalent, in wildlife biology, wildlife management, range management, biology, ecology, zoology or a closely related field. However, if the ideal candidate is found, we are willing to train from beginner’s level.
Experience conducting wildlife harassment and control, bird handling, or strong plant identification experience is preferred but not required. Please note that individuals with knowledge and skills in the preferred areas may gain a higher ranking.
• Must be able to pass a stringent background check and drug test
• Basic computer skills including; Microsoft office, use of email, and internet
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Be willing to follow through on assignments to their completion
• Must be able to work outdoors and remain on your feet for extended periods
• Full drivers license with clean driving record
• Must be able to acquire a firearm/shotgun permit