The Center’s Wildlife Care Academy focuses on professional training and provides excellent academic programs in the fields of wildlife rehabilitation, medicine, and conservation education. With more than 30 current courses available, and more than 500 learners, the Academy reaches wildlife professionals around the world. The Wildlife Care Academy coordinator is responsible for design, development, and implementation of professional training that enhances the Wildlife Center of Virginia’s mission of teaching the world to care about and care for wildlife and the environment. This position coordinates offering excellent academic programs – online, in-person, and through the Call of the Wild conference – that advance knowledge and provide skills training in the fields of wildlife rehabilitation, medicine, and conservation. In addition, the coordinator works closely with other outreach & education team members to contribute to outreach programs and efforts beyond the reach of the Wildlife Care Academy through public programs, website content and other digital communications, and ambassador care and training.
The ideal applicant should have experience with online learning platforms, with a knowledge
and understanding of how to actively engage participants through asynchronous instructional
• Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to lead and guide team projects, manage deadlines,
and facilitate effective teamwork.
• Marketing experience preferred; ability to creatively work toward expanding audiences and
• Must be enthusiastic, efficient, creative, flexible, and adaptable with strong time management
• Use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other software for design and development of
education and training materials and tracking of program statistics.
• Organization, creative problem solving, ability to design and implement new programs and
• Demonstrated experience managing projects of all sizes from start to finish, while meeting
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal communications. Excellent writing and
editing skills for print, web, social media, and marketing materials.
• Wildlife rehabilitation experience and animal handling skills desirable but not required.
• Must have a strong interest in wildlife, the environment, and conservation education.
• Be professional in appearance and demeanor for both workplace and donor interactions.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID [both vaccine and boostered when eligible].
• Must be vaccinated for rabies. If not vaccinated, the Center will cover costs associated with
• Current driver’s license; clean driving record
For a complete job description, including instructions on how to apply, please visit: https://www.wildlifecenter.org/about-center/employment-opportunities