South Dakota State University’s Department of Natural Resource Management (NRM) is offering an exciting career opportunity for TWO Assistant Professor positions with expertise in Wildlife Ecology and Management. These are 9-month, full-time, benefits-eligible, tenure-track positions with research, teaching, and service responsibilities. The preferred start date is on or before August 2021. Each appointment is 50% research and 50% teaching with acknowledgement of a service component. The candidates will be expected to be active in undergraduate and graduate training programs, and obtain competitive research funding to address research questions in their area of expertise. Candidates for both positions should have a strong quantitative research background in wildlife biology or ecology and we seek one faculty member focused on large mammals and/or big game and another interested in general mammalian biology/ecology research.
• Completed Ph.D. in wildlife science or closely related discipline by application date.
• Demonstrated record of research and scholarly activities, including a strong quantitative skill set.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal communication skills.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Postdoctoral experience.
• Experience in grant writing and manuscript preparation.
• Experience with up to date methodologies such as geospatial technologies, quantitative methods, spatial analysis, strong statistical skills, and population/conservation genetics.
• Computer and technology skills as they relate to teaching, research, and service.
• Teaching experience.
• Professional service.
• Experience working with diverse groups or cultures.
• Demonstrated collaboration with other scientists in successful grant and manuscript preparation and with natural resource agencies.
• Desired commitment to a highly collegial working environment.