The Northwoods Wildlife Center, a non-profit wildlife rehabilitation and education center is currently seeking three spring interns for 2018. Interns work hands-on with injured and orphaned wildlife and educate the public through guided Center tours and educational programs, while supporting the daily operations of a non-profit organization.
Job Description: Interns are involved in all phases of wildlife rehabilitation, including emergency care, daily feeding and cleaning, basic medical procedures, transports and releases. This includes care of non-releasable animals kept at the Center for educational purposes. Interns also work with Center visitors, present brief ecology programs and may assist in educational programs given at other locations. Interns also help in the development of future educational opportunities for the public.
On-site housing and $75 weekly food stipend provided. Interns should have their own transportation, but a vehicle is provided for all Center business.
- Strong interest in wildlife and the environment, and a desire to increase public awareness through education. Students in Biology, Wildlife Ecology, Pre-Vet, Environmental Education, and related fields are encouraged to apply
- At least one year of college experience required
- Must be up to date on tetanus shot
- Rabies vaccinations not required, but beneficial
- Must be able to work long days and in all weather and lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be able to dedicate entire season to internship
To Apply: E-mail or mail cover letter, resume, copy of transcript (unofficial or official) and contact information for 3 professional references or letters of recommendation to:
Assistant Director of Education
Northwoods Wildlife Center
8683 S. Blumenstein Road
Minocqua, WI 54548