Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 412 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is currently seeking a Wildlife Field Technician near Minot, North Dakota. The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct a 2-year whooping crane monitoring effort at an operational wind facility during periods of spring and fall migration.
Work starts in the beginning of April 2019. Monitoring dates run April 15 – May 15 in spring and September 10 – October 31 in fall. Fatality monitoring applicants must be willing to commit to continuous field effort during those dates, 7 days a week, with field days approximately 6-7 hours long (monitoring occurs in the mornings and evenings). Salary will be commensurate with experience and range from $20-$25/hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primary duties include monitoring for migrating whooping and sandhill cranes within a specified distance from operational wind turbines, documenting crane use of the area, working with operations staff towards turbine curtailment if whooping cranes are seen within a specified distance, and documenting any whooping or sandhill crane mortality
• Secondary duties include assisting with a post-construction fatality monitoring effort also occurring on site
• Candidates with previous avian survey experience and their own 4WD vehicle are preferred
• The field technician will work independently and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with site management and Tetra Tech supervisors
• The field technician will be required to follow all safety protocols specific to Tetra Tech and clients
• Field technicians must be equipped with and provide own suitable footwear (rugged hiking boot), clothing, and binoculars
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent degree preferred. Individuals currently seeking degree and/or other enthusiastic workers are encouraged to apply
• Strong bird identification skills for species of interest and other species in the region;
• Prior field experience with wildlife
• Must be able to work independently and with others, and interact positively with project managers, clients, and landowners
• Willing to use own 4WD vehicle, valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Skilled use of topographic maps, GPS units, and other field equipment
• Must be able to follow instructions from manager and collect precise and thorough data
• Must be able to work with data collection protocols, data submission timing requirements and all data QA/QC
• Must be skilled with communication, have the ability to maintain positive attitude and to accept guidance and constructive criticism
• Valid driver’s license is required upon submittal of resume
• Investigation into driving record will be conducted upon hire
• Driving record must meet standards set to operate motor vehicle on behalf of Tetra Tech
• Background check will be conducted on final candidates
• Candidates must be able to pass drug screen prior to employment
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.