Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking a Wildlife Field Technician to implement a post-construction fatality monitoring program at an operational wind facility. The program is inclusive of fatality searches and carcass persistence trials, adhering to standardized protocols as trained, and collecting accurate electronic data using a tablet. The field work begins in November 2020 and continues through November 2021.
• Candidates who have previous field experience with birds and/or bats are preferred
• Candidates must be able to work independently, walk for extended periods of time, be able to effectively handle exposure to weather extremes, and safely interact with bird and bat carcasses
• Field technicians must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with offsite Tetra Tech supervisors and site management teams
• Technicians will be required to follow all wind facility-specific and Tetra Tech safety protocols, and will be expected to provide their own weather-appropriate field gear (including safety-toed hiking boots)
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent degree preferred. Individuals currently seeking degree and/or other enthusiastic workers are encouraged to apply
• Good bird and/or bat identification skills for species in the region
• Prior field experience
• Must be able to work independently and with others, and communicate clearly and professionally with project managers, clients, and landowners
• Experience with 4x4 vehicles, valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Skilled use of GPS, digital maps, and other field equipment
• Must be able to follow instructions from manager and collect precise and thorough data
• Must be able to work with electronic data collection protocols and data submission timing requirements
• Must have the ability to maintain positive attitude and to accept guidance
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies