Tetra Tech has three openings for wildlife field technicians working as an avian and bat fatality monitors near Plainview, Texas. The primary responsibility of these positions is the implementation of a post-construction fatality monitoring program at an operational wind facility. The program is inclusive of fatality searches, searcher efficiency and carcass persistence trials, adhering to standardized protocols as trained, working with a field crew, and keeping detailed datasheets. Candidates who have previous field experience with birds and/or bats are preferred. Candidates must be able to walk for extend periods of time, be able to effectively handle exposure to weather extremes and interact with bird and bat carcasses. Field technicians may work independently or in small crews and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with each other, offsite Tetra Tech supervisors, and site management teams. Technicians will be required to follow all wind facility-specific and Tetra Tech safety protocols, and will be expected to provide their own suitable footwear (reinforced-toed hiking boots) and weather-appropriate field gear.
The field work begins November 2019 continues for one year. Anticipated work hours are approximately 32-40 hours per week in fall, winter and spring, and 25-35 hours per week in summer. Fatality monitoring applicants must be willing to commit to 4 full field days a week, including travel to and from the field location. Salary will be commensurate with experience and range from $18-$20/hour. Field technicians will be responsible for their own housing throughout the study period. Relocation expenses are not provided.
At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
• Good bird and/or bat identification skills for species in the region;
• Prior field experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent degree preferred. Individuals currently seeking degree and/or other enthusiastic workers are encouraged to apply;
• Must reside within reside within 1 hour of the field study site, located near Plainview, Texas,
• Must be able to work independently and with others, and interact positively with project managers, clients, and landowners;
• Experience with 4x4 vehicles, valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
• Skilled use of topographic maps, GPS units, and other field equipment;
• Must be able to follow instructions from manager and collect precise and thorough data;
• Must be able to work with electronic data collection protocols and data submission timing requirements; and
• Must be skilled with communication, have the ability to maintain positive attitude and to accept guidance and constructive criticism.
• Candidates must be able to pass drug screen prior to employment.
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not all-inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position. Tetra Tech reserves the right to modify this job description, job requirements, and job duties as necessary.