The QDMA is seeking a qualified, self-motivated, and outgoing individual to serve as a Wildlife Management Cooperative Specialist to:
• Work with private landowners to establish and support wildlife management cooperatives in the southern Missouri.
• Conduct habitat management trainings for private landowners and help coordinate private land assistance programs with Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) staff.
• Participate in projects to promote wildlife conservation, conservation education and Missouri’s hunting heritage.
• Increase awareness of QDMA by recruiting new members and sponsors.
• Promote both QDMA’s national programs and conservation partner programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in wildlife or related natural resource field
• Experience and working knowledge of deer hunting and management
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to organize and coordinate educational events
• Well-developed written and verbal communications skills
• Sound computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Willingness to travel frequently and work outside normal business hours
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Develop landowner cooperative newsletter for distribution at least twice per year.
• Conduct an annual statewide email survey, as well as organize an in-person meeting for wildlife management cooperative leaders.
• Maintain close working relationship with other state and national QDMA employees.
• Maintain close working relationship with MDC Private Land Conservationists. Provide monthly updates on current activities and attend regional staff meetings whenever possible.
Interested persons should forward a resume, cover letter, and three references to: WMC Specialist Search Committee, QDMA, P.O. Box 160, Bogart, GA 30622.