Job title: Wildlife Rehabilitation Practice Management Intern (26 weeks, 6 months)
Location: Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (C.R.O.W), 3883 Sanibel Captiva Rd Sanibel, FL 33957
Salary: $150 bi-weekly stipend
Housing: On-Site Housing
Reports to: Hospital Training Coordinator and Hospital Office Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Hospital Office Manager in coordinating the rescue, transport, and release of wildlife patients to and from CROW. This includes routinely answering phones and providing accurate information and courteous service to the public.
• Responds compassionately to public inquiries and concerns about wildlife. Ensures accurate, humane information is provided, promoting co-existence with wildlife. Educates on CROW’s wildlife/conservation policies.
• Assists the Hospital Office Manager in processing wildlife into or out of the clinic. Gathers information from finders, completes paperwork and enters information into online database accurately.
• Assists the Hospital Office Manager in maintaining patient record filing system, including scanning and uploading electronically.
• Observes the supply ordering process carried out by the Hospital Office Manager.
• Assists the Hospital Office Manager in the scheduling of clinic volunteers.
• Assists the Hospital Training Coordinator in training students and volunteers in patient care duties, provides patient care as appropriate for instructional purposes.
• Assist with updating electronic and hard copy training/reference manuals, including developing a database of training videos for rescue volunteers
• Help establish a renesting volunteer program, including scheduling training sessions maintaining an active list of volunteers already trained in this area.
• Acts as a “resident assistant” for student housing – helps facilitate adjustment of students to housing, develops a sense of community among students, enforces rules/policies of housing and acts as a liaison between students and administration, and ensures all housing check-out procedures are completed
• Assists the Hospital Training Coordinator in orienting new students to housing and the clinic; observes how applications are processed by the Hospital Training Coordinator.
• Assists the Hospital Training Coordinator in updating online postings for our student programs
• Assists students in completion of end-of-day tasks including ensuring completion of daily cleaning lists and patient treatments after 5pm. Supervises and directs students and volunteers after 5pm on days the night CVT is not on duty.
• Carries the inside-line cell phone after 5pm on days the night CVT is not on duty.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Must be seeking or have completed college degree (preferable in Biology or Animal Sciences). Prior experience in wildlife rehabilitation, teaching, and customer service is preferred -- must have good problem-solving skills and be able to deal with high stress situations
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of office equipment and office software systems.
• Must be able to work efficiently, accurately, and independently.
• Must be team player with positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Must be able to work cooperatively with co-workers, students, volunteers, and the public.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly.
• Required to stand, walk, and may have to climb and/or balance. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Email a resume, letter of intent, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com by May 24, 2021. For
further questions regarding the position please email Becca Wehmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org.