Amazoonico is a wildlife rescue centre located in the Amazon region of Ecuador. Our main objectives are to provide the best possible conditions for animals staying permanently in the centre, reintroducing viable candidates to their natural habitat, and offering environmental education - with an emphasis in conservation to those who visit the centre daily. Volunteers at Amazoonico work 5 days a week, 7am to 5pm. Work is very hard but also extremely rewarding. Financial resources of the center are limited, thus volunteers are asked to cover their food and lodging expenses ($250 per month).Join us in the Ecuadorian rainforest and help us to protect the forest and its animals. Take advantage of a unique opportunity to participate in our project!
For more information about the center and volunteering please visit amazoonicorescue.org.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
1) Minimum 19 years old.
2) Proficiency in English or Spanish.
3) Ability to perform strenuous activities in hot humid rainforest conditions.
4) Passion for forest/wildlife conservation.
5) Comfort working and communicating in a multicultural context.
6) Comfort residing in a remote tropical location, with limited communication.
7) Minimum commitment of 4 weeks.
8) Cover food and lodging expenses ($250 per month).
Interested applicants should email us at email@example.com