Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Wildlife Specialist: 113,000 acre Comanche Ranch in Dimmit and Maverick Counties.
113,000 acre Comanche Ranch in Dimmit and Maverick Counties.
Full time Positions
$30,000 yr plus benefits
Last Date to Apply
Full time salaried position with benefits (health & retirement) team oriented person needed for 113,000 acre hunting ranch in Dimmit and Maverick Counties. For the Wildlife Specialist position the ranch will provide housing with utilities, cell phone and use of a ranch vehicle for work purposes.
Person will participate in wildlife management including:
- Maintain protein, corn, cottonseed feeders
- Deer scouting, including using game cameras and video cameras to locate and pattern deer
- Setting up hunting and viewing situations as assigned
- Locating wildlife by utilizing advanced hunting skills
- Assisting in wildlife management practices under the direction of the Wildlife Biologist
- General housekeeping in camp areas and guest areas
- General maintenance of wildlife and guest resources
- Individual plant treatment chemical applications
- Predator control including trapping coons, feral pig management
- Processing of all harvested animals.
- Deer hunting and fishing with approval from direct supervisor
Person will be responsible for assisting the manager in general ranch duties including but not limited to:
-Equipment and vehicle maintenance
-Maintaining water sources in the field
-Building and setting up designated hunting areas
-Brush clearing with heavy equipment (ie. Dozer, excavator, tractors, etc.)
- Building of hog proof fencing
- Assisting in guest services
- Recent graduates studying in Wildlife or related fields. Prefer experience in ranching or farm operations. Must be well groomed and presentable at all times. Must maintain a positive attitude. Must demonstrate initiative and be open to new ideas. Must possess mental alertness, motivation, persistence, maturity, and ability to relate well to others.
Please send a resume to email listed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration - Valid state hunting license required. No violations of local, state or federal game laws.
Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Person must be able to work in extreme weather conditions of South Texas heat.
- Need to be able to work efficiently on their own and with groups to complete tasks.
- Need to be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a seated or standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances without rest.