Qualified Wildlife Interns help manage the Company’s forest lands in the Sierra Nevada. Primary species being surveyed will be the California spotted owl and northern goshawk. This position provides an excellent opportunity to observe spotted owls from many known sites. Last season, our crew documented over 300 California Spotted Owls.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Support on-going monitoring of sensitive species.
• Misc. forestry- and wildlife-related project work requiring demanding physical activity, night-time hours, and off-road driving.
• Data entry
• Camping for up to four nights in a week.
Applications open: October 5th 2021
Applications close: February 18th 2022
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume when submitting application.
Interviews will be ongoing as applications are received. Position may be filled prior to deadline.
May/June - August 2022
(flexible start & end dates)
• College-level coursework in wildlife biology, forestry, or biological science.
• One season experience calling for raptors preferred.
• Ability to safely hike & navigate alone in remote, steep mountainous regions using map, compass, & GPS.
• Possess valid driver license & have ability to drive hazardous mountain roads.
• Knowledge of native wildlife species of Sierra Nevada forests.
• Excellent communication skills.