Primary responsibilities of these positions will be to monitor piping plovers, oystercatchers, gulls, and terns in Sussex County Delaware. Responsibilities include monitoring nests and broods, trapping and color banding piping plovers, protecting habitat and nests with fencing, signs, predator enclosures, interacting with the public, coordinating volunteers to provide public outreach, and using and maintaining 4WD vehicles and boats. Daily work requires walking up to 5 miles in sand, carrying equipment, and using a spotting scope to distinguish colored leg bands and flags on shorebirds at a distance. Other duties include data entry and management, and preparing reports using GIS, Excel, and Access.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in conducting field work to collect samples and survey data.
- Six months experience in math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, or decimals.
- Six months experience in applying laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY VISIT THE JOB BOARD HERE - https://www.jobapscloud.com/DE/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=010722&R2=MGCC02&R3=400300