Loomacres Wildlife Management is seeking to fill four (4) openings for Wildlife Technicians to assist and carry out monitoring and mitigation of wildlife hazards on airfield projects. Working under a lead biologist candidates will perform nuisance wildlife mitigation including surveys (mammalian and avian), harassment, nest removal, specimen sampling, and occasional depredation for airfield safety. This position may require travel on occasion. Must be able to reside within a reasonable distance from the assigned work locations.Ideal candidates will fill work shifts covering nights, weekends, and evenings.
Ideal candidates will have up-beat personalities, dedication, passion for the work, and eagerness to learn. Candidates must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, to accomplish required tasks. Candidates must be willing to work all tasks, including cleaning, data entry, and client interaction as needed.
Preference will be given to applicants with a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in wildlife biology, wildlife management, range management, biology, ecology, zoology or a closely related field.
Experience conducting wildlife harassment and control, bird handling, wildlife trapping and strong plant identification experience is preferred. Please note that individuals with knowledge and skills in the preferred areas may gain a higher ranking.
• Must be able to pass a stringent background check and drug test
• Basic computer skills including; Microsoft office, use of email, and internet
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Be willing to follow through on assignments to their completion
• Must be able to work outdoors and remain on your feet for extended periods
• Full drivers license with clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a color vision test
• Must have experience using firearms and trapping wildlife (mammalian and avian)
To Apply: Please send a letter of interest, detailed resume/CV, and at least three professional references to Shawn Ferdinand at LoomacresJobs@gmail.com. List Denver,CO Wildlife Technician in the subject line.
Loomacres Wildlife Management a leading Wildlife Management firm. For more information, please visit www.AirportWildlife.com