The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has an open Wildlife Technician position at Edwards AFB, CA. For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/85951. Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Required Job Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in wildlife biology, natural resources management, ecology, or similar field of study.
• At least one season of experience conducting wildlife monitoring and/or research activities.
• Commitment to humane handling of wildlife and educating the public to reduce human-wildlife conflict.
• Willing to receive a vaccination for rabies or booster shot if previously vaccinated.
• Experience with GPS data collection in the field.
• Experience with ArcGIS and using it for database development and cartographic production.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to walk for long periods of time in inclement weather and under strenuous and uncomfortable environmental conditions while carrying heavy equipment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
• The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• At least one season of experience handling and trapping wildlife.
• Experience maintaining remote wildlife cameras and downloading, managing, and organizing large amounts of data.
• Professional experience performing community outreach and education.
• Previous experience working on military installations.