Loomacres Wildlife Management is seeking a full-time wildlife technician to assist with nuisance wildlife mitigation. Working under a lead biologist the candidate will perform mitigation including surveying, site selection, trapping and removal of wildlife. The project may require travel as needed to perform duties of the position. Must be able to reside within a reasonable distance from the assigned work locations.
Ideal candidates will have up-beat personalities, dedication, passion for the work, and eagerness to learn. Candidates must be able to work independently, and as part of a team, to accomplish required tasks. Candidates must be willing to work all tasks, including cleaning, data entry, and client interaction as needed.
Preference will be given to applicants with a degree, or equivalent, in wildlife biology, wildlife management, range management, biology, ecology, zoology or a closely related field.
Experience conducting wildlife harassment, wildlife trapping including feral hog control, and plant identification experience is required. Please note that individuals with knowledge and skills in the preferred areas may gain a higher ranking.
• Must be able to pass a stringent background check and drug test
• Basic computer skills including; Microsoft office, use of email, and internet
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Be willing to follow through on assignments to their completion
• Must be able to work outdoors and remain on your feet for extended periods
• Full drivers license with clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a color vision test
• Experience conducting hog control, including the use of firearms and traps for removal.
To Apply: Please send a letter of interest, detailed resume/CV, and at least three professional references to Shawn Ferdinand at LoomacresJobs@gmail.com. Place Oahu,HI Wildlife Technician in the subject line.
Loomacres Wildlife Management a leading Wildlife Management firm. For more information, please visit www.AirportWildlife.com