Natural resources and environmental related job listings. Includes internships, graduate fellowships, faculty positions and scholarships.
Wildlife Technician I-Utah
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
Last Date to Apply
The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is looking to fills 3 seasonal positions. Successful applicants will conduct field work relevant to the June Sucker Recovery Program.
1. Capture June Sucker on Utah Lake using Trammel Nets, Trap Nets, and seining equipment.
2. Implant Passive Integrated Transponder (PIT) tags into June Sucker.
3. Help maintain PIT tag antennas in tributaries of Utah Lake.
4. Assist with observation of commercial Carp removal on Utah Lake.
5. Clean and perform routine maintenance on boats and outboard motors
Housing is not provided.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age, be able to work well with others, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and nights. Applicants must also have a valid driver’s license. Field work will often take place during adverse weather. Experience operating and maintaining boats with outboard motors as well as using PIT tag equipment is preferable.