YouthBuild Field Coordinator: Construction Trainer – Denver, CO
Mile High Youth Corps
Full time Positions
$19.71-21.63/hr. depending on experience
Last Date to Apply
The Field Coordinator: Construction oversees crews of 10-22 YouthBuild participants (Corpsmembers) ages 18-24 in a construction training classroom and on a construction site. Responsible for maintaining safe worksite practices, providing direct instruction and work-based learning supervision, maintaining cohesive program implementation, and providing training and leadership development opportunities. The Field Coordinator: Construction works closely with general contractors, and sub-contractors to assist in project completion and maximizing training opportunities for Corpsmembers. This position is partially funded by AmeriCorps, and works directly with Corpsmembers enrolled in an AmeriCorps program.
· High School diploma or equivalent is required
· Possession of or willingness to obtain HBI PACT instructor certification (training paid by MHYC)
· Minimum of 2 years construction experience
· 1-2 years team leadership and/or supervisory experience with MHYC’s core population of youth adults ages 18-24 years old
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program on the first day of employment
· Pre-employment background check required, including a FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting. This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations.
· Valid driver’s license with insurable motor vehicle record (MVR)
· MHYC has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Individuals must submit proof of full vaccination, partial vaccination, or submit their medical or religious COVID-19 vaccination exemption request by their first day. If only partial vaccination is submitted, proof of the second shot needs to meet the recommended time interval of the vaccine administered.
To Apply: Candidates are asked to provide a resume and a cover letter including pertinent personal and/or professional experience. In the absence of specific work-related experience, applicants are encouraged to describe personal experience that pertains to position requirements in their cover letter. Send resume and cover Letter to: email@example.com (include “Program Coordinator: YouthBuild” in the subject line). No calls please.